A recent analysis by House Republicans estimates that individuals earning an annual income of $75,000 or less would face close to 711,000 additional IRS audits. In addition, Americans earning more than $1 million would receive more than 52,000 audits.
A March 2022 study by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) at Syracuse University discovered that low-income households making less than $25,000 are five times as likely to be audited by the IRS as everyone else.
“With this added force, I imagine it will be like the Wild Wild West. Taxpayers and small businesses should expect the IRS to be much more aggressive, by way of audits and other methods, in collecting tax money owed in the coming weeks, months, years,” Scott Curley, the CEO and co-founder of FinishLine Tax Solutions, told The Epoch Times.
- FinishLine Tax Solutions is a full-service, fully accredited tax resolution firm in Houston, TX, assisting companies and individuals nationwide in resolving tax problems with the IRS. We specialize in areas of back taxes such as IRS wage garnishments, IRS bank levies, and unfiled tax returns. Our team of experts comprised of licensed Enrolled Agents, CPAs, & IRS Tax Attorneys can assist you with IRS Audit Representation and Tax Planning. We are one of the leading tax resolution firms in the nation and your go-to tax relief firm that can take you to the Finish Line. Call us today to learn more about our tax relief process and tax resolution services.
- IRS AuditsNovember 17, 2023IRS Audit Defense Strategies: Your Guide to Navigating Tax Challenges
- File back taxesNovember 7, 2023Unlocking the Benefits of the Anchor Program: A Complete Guide to Tax Relief Solutions
- IRS Hardship ProgramOctober 18, 2023Understanding the IRS Hardship Program: A Lifeline for Taxpayers in Distress (H1)
- tax relief servicesOctober 3, 2023How to Deal with Back IRS Taxes: Practical Tips and Solutions