If you haven’t filed your federal tax returns yet, or filed them later than you should have during the pandemic, you’re in luck. The IRS is issuing a refund for any late fees you paid. It’s also automatically waiving late-filing penalties currently. The agency says this amounts to about $1.2 billion dollars.
One way taxpayers can take advantage of this waiver is to apply credits for the waived fees to outstanding tax balances. Most people who haven’t filed also typically owe back taxes. The two often go hand in hand. The fee waiver gives a unique opportunity to taxpayers to apply this money towards those back taxes, with an eye on preparing to meet all future filing requirements.
- FinishLine Tax Solutions is a full-service, fully accredited tax resolution firm in Houston, TX, assisting companies and individuals nationwide in resolving tax problems with the IRS. We specialize in areas of back taxes such as IRS wage garnishments, IRS bank levies, and unfiled tax returns. Our team of experts comprised of licensed Enrolled Agents, CPAs, & IRS Tax Attorneys can assist you with IRS Audit Representation and Tax Planning. We are one of the leading tax resolution firms in the nation and your go-to tax relief firm that can take you to the Finish Line. Call us today to learn more about our tax relief process and tax resolution services.
- IRS AuditsNovember 17, 2023IRS Audit Defense Strategies: Your Guide to Navigating Tax Challenges
- File back taxesNovember 7, 2023Unlocking the Benefits of the Anchor Program: A Complete Guide to Tax Relief Solutions
- IRS Hardship ProgramOctober 18, 2023Understanding the IRS Hardship Program: A Lifeline for Taxpayers in Distress (H1)
- tax relief servicesOctober 3, 2023How to Deal with Back IRS Taxes: Practical Tips and Solutions