The Internal Revenue Service has advised millions of taxpayers who have benefited from state rebate and refund payment programs to currently hold off from filing their income tax return while the agency decides on how to treat such receipts.
“There are a variety of state programs that distributed these payments in 2022 and the rules surrounding them are complex. We expect to provide additional clarity for as many states and taxpayers as possible next week. For taxpayers uncertain about the taxability of their state payments, the IRS recommends they wait until additional guidance is available or consult with a reputable tax professional,” the agency said in a statement on Feb. 3.
- FinishLine Tax Solutions is a full-service, fully accredited tax resolution firm in Houston, TX, assisting companies and individuals nationwide in resolving tax problems with the IRS. We specialize in areas of back taxes such as IRS wage garnishments, IRS bank levies, and unfiled tax returns. Our team of experts comprised of licensed Enrolled Agents, CPAs, & IRS Tax Attorneys can assist you with IRS Audit Representation and Tax Planning. We are one of the leading tax resolution firms in the nation and your go-to tax relief firm that can take you to the Finish Line. Call us today to learn more about our tax relief process and tax resolution services.
- IRS AuditsApril 19, 2023Navigating an IRS Audit: Strategies and Best Practices for a Successful Outcome
- tax relief servicesApril 4, 2023How Tax Relief Services Can Help You Save Money and Avoid IRS Penalties
- IRS Hardship ProgramMarch 21, 2023IRS Hardship Program: Eligibility and Program Details
- Tax Debt reliefMarch 7, 2023Navigating Tax Debt: Why Hiring a Tax Debt Attorney is Crucial for Finding Relief