IRS starts accepting 2022 taxes starting from today Jan 23, 2023. At the same time, IRS is reminding tax payers to revisit their withholding from their paycheck towards 2023 taxes. If you are not withholding enough taxes, you are at the risk of paying penalties when you file 2023 taxes. If you are withholding more than what your obligation is, you are effectively giving the government an interest-free loan.
There are resources for you to determine the close to the right amount of taxes you will owe to the IRS.
Tax Withholding Estimator, this tool calculates the taxes owed based on the tax codes for 2023 and help taxpayers determine if they have to make any adjustments to their withholding in order to avoid owing taxes and potentially end up paying penalties for insufficient withholding when they file taxes the following year.
- FinishLine Tax Solutions is a full-service, fully accredited tax resolution firm in Houston, TX, assisting companies and individuals nationwide in resolving tax problems with the IRS. We specialize in areas of back taxes such as IRS wage garnishments, IRS bank levies, and unfiled tax returns. Our team of experts comprised of licensed Enrolled Agents, CPAs, & IRS Tax Attorneys can assist you with IRS Audit Representation and Tax Planning. We are one of the leading tax resolution firms in the nation and your go-to tax relief firm that can take you to the Finish Line. Call us today to learn more about our tax relief process and tax resolution services.
- IRS AuditsNovember 17, 2023IRS Audit Defense Strategies: Your Guide to Navigating Tax Challenges
- File back taxesNovember 7, 2023Unlocking the Benefits of the Anchor Program: A Complete Guide to Tax Relief Solutions
- IRS Hardship ProgramOctober 18, 2023Understanding the IRS Hardship Program: A Lifeline for Taxpayers in Distress (H1)
- tax relief servicesOctober 3, 2023How to Deal with Back IRS Taxes: Practical Tips and Solutions